2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2012 5:58 AM by berrrnard
AppleJason Level 1 Level 1

I have an album of .mp3 in a folder on my mac.  In itunes, I used to have an empty playlist (normal, not smart) for importing.  I would simply drag my song files into the empty white space when the playlist was selected, it would import, then the songs showed up, either individually or as an album.

Since v11, when I drag the files into the empty playlist, it imports them *somewhere*, but I can only see them in the system-created smart playlist "recently added".  They do not show up in my empty playlist when I drag them there.

What could be happening?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), i5 with Thunderbolt
Reply by berrrnard on Dec 20, 2012 5:58 AM Helpful

I have the exact same problem. I assume it's a bug. I made a post about it here somewhere.

The problem is, files will only to be added to a playlist from Finder if you set the playlist view to List.

All replies

• kilima Level 3 Level 3

Seems to work OK for me  ..... although it does take a second or two for the songs to appear in the playlist.

Here's my test. I did 2 variations.

• Test-1. Open the folder and selected all the songs and dropped them.
    • Test-2. Selected the folder and dropped that.

Screen Shot 2012-12-20 at 2.18.01 PM.png

• berrrnard Level 1 Level 1

I have the exact same problem. I assume it's a bug. I made a post about it here somewhere.

The problem is, files will only to be added to a playlist from Finder if you set the playlist view to List.