Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 20-inch on OSX 10.7.4 running iphoto 11, my photos from my iphoto library have been deleted. I have time machine but the iphoto library file is missing when I access time machine, help please.

I have an imac 20-inch Late 2006 model on OSX 10.7.4 running iphoto 11, somehow the application ccleaner has deleted my photos from my iphoto library. I have time machine but the iphoto library file is missing when I access time machine.

To restore photos I have followed the steps below

1. Quit iPhoto.
  2. Connect your Time Machine drive.
  3. In the Finder, open the folder containing your iPhoto Library. Unless you've moved your iPhoto Library, it can be found in Home/Pictures/iPhoto Library.
  4. Enter Time Machine. (Time Machine can be found in the Dock or in the /Applications folder.)
  5. Choose your desired backup. The timeline on the right side of the screen displays a purple tick mark for each of the backups stored on your Time Machine drive.
  6. Select the iPhoto library you would like to restore, and click the Restore button.

I dont get the option in step 6 as I dont have an iphoto library file to choose? Does anyone know why?

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 1:25 AM

7 replies

Dec 20, 2012 3:03 AM in response to Gooseline

Hello:

If there is no library in step 3

In the Finder, open the folder containing your iPhoto Library. Unless you've moved your iPhoto Library, it can be found in Home/Pictures/iPhoto Library.

that program has deleted the entire library, not just the content.

I think I would try to create a new library and then replace the pictures from Time Machine in that location. You will find instructions for creating a new library In iPhoto help.

Incidentally, I am suggesting the this thread be moved, as the question has nothing to do with using ASC.

Barry

Dec 20, 2012 7:11 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

Hi Barry

Thanks but as mentioned all is intact, even at step 3 I can see the current library in Home/Pictures/iPhoto Library which has no photos, but when I access time machine any point before the NOW option the iphoto library in Home/Pictures/iPhoto Library is missing from the finder window.

User uploaded fileAs you can see here it is

User uploaded fileand now its gone. I have no explanantion.

How do I go about moving this question as you suggested.

Dec 20, 2012 10:27 PM in response to Gooseline

Thanks very much guys I have found the missing photos, I found that if I open Iphoto via the dock or launchpad my photos are not available but if I double click on the camera file in Home/Pictures/Camera iphoto opens with all my photos. For some reason I think the old library was renamed Camera, when I restored iphoto it created a new library called iphoto libarary and this was the problem.

Thanks for your help

Have a good christmas.

Trevor

iMac 20-inch on OSX 10.7.4 running iphoto 11, my photos from my iphoto library have been deleted. I have time machine but the iphoto library file is missing when I access time machine, help please.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.