Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio/Video Sync Issue

Hello,

I have just shot a music video and the MovieSlate app that I tried to use as a clapperboard didn't work on the day so I was forced to shoot the video without any timecode reference.

This has meant that I now need to indivdually sync the video clips to the song to complete an offline edit - superfun!

I have transcoded the RED camera files to Apple Pro Res 422 HQ and I have imported these video clips into Final Cut Pro 7.

The way I would like to finish the offline (which in my mind is the most sensible way but please correct me if I'm wrong) is as follows:

I have a timeline in FCP of just the song, I am then moving each video clip and manually syncing the video with the song.

From here I want to be able to export a Quicktime Reference video clip (so that I don't create an additional 200 GB of video) that I can re-import into the project which will show me the audio/video slip/sync markers, i.e. how far out the video is from the audio.

Whenever I re-import the video clip I have no markers so it's been pretty pointless so far.

Is there anyway to have the markers show up when the Quicktime Reference is re-imported or is there a better way to go about this process?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Michael.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 4:50 AM

1 reply

Audio/Video Sync Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.