Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple care for iPhone 5 in Israel

Hello, If i bought my iPhone 5 in Israel can i buy Apple Care and they will accept this from where that i bought this?

Thanks

Aviram

Israel

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 8:47 AM

Apple does not appear to offer AppleCare extended service plans in Israel. Sorry.

12 replies

Dec 20, 2012 9:42 AM in response to Aviramyosef

Service on any iPhone is available only in the country in which the iPhone was officially sold. Having AppleCare coverage on the iPhone makes no difference. The only place you can get service for an iPhone officially sold in Israel is in that country (from the four cell carriers that are the only official resellers of the iPhone there). If anyone told you otherwise, they either misunderstood what product you were referring to or were just flat wrong.

Regards.

Jan 2, 2013 8:22 AM in response to mgmsav

This question has little to do with the OP's question nor with the iPhone, the subject of this forum, and hence would have been better posted as a new topic in the iPad forum. Answering quickly, though,

- iPads sold by authorized resellers in the US are not locked to a carrier, but you should not buy a CDMA (Verizon or Sprint) model. I don't know if "JR" is an authorized reseller; if they are not, then all bets are off.

- AppleCare for an iPad covers two years from the date of purchase of the iPad, not three.

- as long as you get the GSM model of iPad, not the Verizon/Sprint model, warranty should be valid in Israel assuming that there is authorized service and that the forth-generation iPad has been released there.

Regards.

Dec 19, 2013 6:21 AM in response to savaeden

savaeden wrote:

Does applecare+ apply in Israel for an apple 5 bought in usa?

And what AnaMusic said applies even if you have AppleCare on the iPhone. You will get no service in Israel for a US-sold iPhone. You would need to take the iPhone back to the US for service or send it to someone you know there who could take or send it to Apple and then return it to you.

Regards.

apple care for iPhone 5 in Israel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.