Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX: Still Images and Color Effects

What I am doing is not working so clearly I am doing it incorrectly . . .

I have some still images and want to change the color to night-time "over time". I thought I could use keyframes to do it but when I do that, it changes the color of the entire image instantly. It is not a gradual change. Maybe I am setting the keyframe in the wrong place, I am not sure. Anyway here is how I am settin the keyframs and also the panel I am working in to do the color adjustment. It seems the keyframes are being set in the "Transform All" section and I want them in the color section but can't get them in there. Can someone please tell me how to do this correctly?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Final Cut Pro X

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 9:37 AM

6 replies

Dec 20, 2012 10:12 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Tom, I have a question. I can split the clip -no problem; however, when I add the first color correction (going from day to night color), it is going to apply the color change instantly with no gradual fade to night. In the second clip, I can do another color correction going from night back to day but, again, it will be applied instantly. I think I might be misunderstanding your method. Can you explain, please.

Or are you saying that one clip would be day and one would be night, and the cross-dissolve would blend the two?

FCPX: Still Images and Color Effects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.