Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

e- mail pdf attachments appear as images not as icons. How to make them attach as icons?

Pdf documents appear as image on e-mail. I have mail set to deliver as friendly to windows & documents to appear after message.Using control & clicking on the images then clicking on "view as icon" changes it to an icon ok. But when the e-mail is sent it changes back to a full image on the recipiants end. Documents done on desktop attach & appear as icons ok. How to fix it so pdf files or photo image can be sent the same way ?

iOS 6

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 12:55 PM

2 replies

Dec 20, 2012 3:18 PM in response to natalizia

When I attach a PDF to Apple Mail on Mountain Lion, it is an icon. When I send it to an iCloud mail destination, the attachment arrives and is presented as an icon, whether on OS X, or in IOS 6.

I suspect that the recipient's mail user agent is responsible for the full image .vs. icon behavior, and there is nothing you can do to prevent it.

e- mail pdf attachments appear as images not as icons. How to make them attach as icons?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.