Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't download Documents

Hello,

I've a very big problem with iCloud: I can't download something from the cloud.

No matter with which program I create a document... with pages, numbers or preview ... or use clear, 1password ... NOTHING happens on my other devices.

iMac (late 2011 OS X 10.8.2)

Macbook Pro (late 2011 OS X 10.8.2)

iPad 3 (iOS 6.0.1)

iPhone 5 (iOS 6.0.1)

When I use pages or numbers upload a document, it can be found on icloud.com... but no downloads on other devices... :-/

And YES, I'm using the same apple id on all devices.

Someone out there with an idea?

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 2:53 PM

4 replies

Dec 22, 2012 5:35 AM in response to naggison

• Save as many documents as you can to your desktop from iCloud.com or from the iCloud document panel in the appropriate Applications.
  • Turn off document syncing on every device.
  • On your mobile devices make sure document syncing is turned off not only in the iCloud settings, but also in the settings for each app.
  • Check the apps on your mobile devices no longer have any documents in them.
  • On your computer go to system preferences > iCloud > manage and delete any documents you see in your iCloud storage.
  • Restart all devices.
  • Re-enable document syncing device by device, ensuring that syncing is working properly before re-enabling syncing on the next device.

Jan 1, 2013 6:32 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Sorry... There was no effect...! :-/

Filenames: All filenames are affected (*.pages for example)

OS Versions: OS X 10.8.2 (iMac and Macbook Pro)

iOS 6.0.2 (iPhone and iPad)

iWork app version: Desktop: Pages 4.3 | Numbers 2.3

I've these problems since upgrading to OS X 10.8. (on release date).

If I create a new document on any device, this document will push to iCloud.com. On any device I can see the documents in "Settings > iCloud > Manage > Application". In the apps, on an other device, there is not document I created on an device.

Sure, Documents & Data set to On on all macs and mobile devices.

I had to re-install the OS on my iMac completely a few days ago. Since I had re-install the OS, my macbook pro shows me the files I created (with Numbers) on my iMac. If I create a new document on my macbook pro, my iMac don't show me the file.

Pages documents I create on my iMac will show on my macbook pro, but there is an empty loading bar on the right.

On my iPhone there are no files. (And yes, iCloud is global and in the app activated. Documents is also set to On)

Also apps like 1Password, Clear, Day One won't sync Documents. Not only the iWork Apps. Mail rules also...!

Thanks

can't download Documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.