Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

revert to previous version after update

How do I revert iTunes to a previous version after an update; I don't like the fact that they changed it to strictly a player-only and one cannot access things like the Radio stations, etc. any more.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 8:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 8:35 PM

?? Radio stations are still there:

User uploaded file

Nearly all iTunes 10.7 features remain in iTunes 11, but you might have to hunt for them.

If you really want to revert to an earlier version read this post

5 replies

Dec 21, 2012 10:40 AM in response to Mike "B"

I'm looking for a way to go back as well. With each new rev, iTunes becomes ever more nebulous.

I still burn CDs...but the new version makes this difficult.

In past versions of iTunes, the total time of a playlist was shown in the Status Bar and could be toggled from a rounded total (e.g."1.2 Hours") to an exact total (e.g. "1:20:23")

In 'the new itunes', the total time length of playlists seems permanently fixed ion the broad value only. (e.g. 1.2 hours).

This is terribly inconvenient if one is going to be burning a Playlist to a CD or DVD-A. Where 79 minutes would fit on a CD, 81 minutes will not.....yet 'the new itunes' will show both only as "1.2 Hours". Very inconvenient if one is now to be forced to manually add track times together in order to decide if a playlist will fit or not.

How do I get 'the new itunes' to show me a more useful total? Or has Apple now decided that we aren't going to burn CDs any longer? (Surely, by now you can figure out on your own what my opinion of that might be.)

revert to previous version after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.