Skip navigation

How to enable postmaster alias in server

351 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 21, 2012 3:44 AM by John Caradimas RSS
John Caradimas Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Dec 21, 2012 3:20 AM

I was checking my server from one of those web sites that supposedly check if everything is OK with it and I got a report that my server didn't accept emails to postmaster@domain.tld and abuse@domain.tld (where domain.tld is my domain). So I tried to find how to fix that without success. Or ... shall I put it in a different way, with partial success.

If I run the test now, it reports that my server does accept emails to postmaster and abuse, but I do not get that email. I would like to receive the email for postmaster and abuse in my admin email (admin@domain.tld), but no matter what I tried, I can't do it. Here are some of the things I tried:

In /etc/postfix:

I edited /etc/postfix/aliases to :

postmaster: admin

and

abuse:      admin

Run newaliases and postfix reload. No good.

Did the same changes in /Library/Server/Mail/postfix/Cconfig/aliases. No good.

I also tried adding the postmaster alias and the abuse alias in the admin account, in Server.app/Users. Still no good.

And by "no good" I mean that whatever I've tried, emails send to either of these names ends up in root@mail.domain.tld (mail.domain.tld is my mail server FQDN) and from there to /dev/null

Has anyone managed to solve this issue?

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.