Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to enable postmaster alias in server

I was checking my server from one of those web sites that supposedly check if everything is OK with it and I got a report that my server didn't accept emails to postmaster@domain.tld and abuse@domain.tld (where domain.tld is my domain). So I tried to find how to fix that without success. Or ... shall I put it in a different way, with partial success.

If I run the test now, it reports that my server does accept emails to postmaster and abuse, but I do not get that email. I would like to receive the email for postmaster and abuse in my admin email (admin@domain.tld), but no matter what I tried, I can't do it. Here are some of the things I tried:

In /etc/postfix:

I edited /etc/postfix/aliases to :

postmaster: admin

and

abuse: admin

Run newaliases and postfix reload. No good.

Did the same changes in /Library/Server/Mail/postfix/Cconfig/aliases. No good.

I also tried adding the postmaster alias and the abuse alias in the admin account, in Server.app/Users. Still no good.

And by "no good" I mean that whatever I've tried, emails send to either of these names ends up in root@mail.domain.tld (mail.domain.tld is my mail server FQDN) and from there to /dev/null

Has anyone managed to solve this issue?

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 3:20 AM

1 reply

How to enable postmaster alias in server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.