Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not in chronological order on apple tv

Running a slide show on Apple TV from an iPhoto album with pictures in chronological order, they come out sorted after orientation and not chronological. I believe this msut be a bug with the software?

Apple TV (3rd generation)

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 3:31 AM

11 replies

Apr 16, 2013 9:09 AM in response to HGN

The above solution is waaaaay to convoluted to solve a problem that was created in (I believe) the upgrade to iTunes v 11.x. I have posted a fix which enables you to sort your photos in the usual manner: alphabetical name, numerical name. You will have to go back to an earlier version of iTunes. Frankly, I couldn't see any improvment in the later v. of iTunes, other than they screwed up the order of my photos on ATV (1st gen).

Search for my post "Fix for Photos Out of Order on ATV" --- just click on the link here. I am now using iTunes v. 10.1.1 and do not intend EVER to upgrade.

Steve Jobs -- RIP --- your company needs you despirately!!

May 24, 2013 7:04 AM in response to HGN

None of this is a real answer to the original question above from HGN. Whatever sort sequence is used in Iphoto is lost when viewing in Apple TV. Pretty lame for Apple. I don't need a convuluted Microsoft type fix in order to get it working. That's why I have Apple Products.

Also bringing Itunes into this thread is a bit confusing as well. This has to do with Iphoto and Apple TV. All you need to do is fix the code somewhere so Apple TV recognizes the sort used in Iphoto.

Please just fix it.

May 27, 2013 3:30 AM in response to HGN

Great, have you tried it HGN? I'm running Iphoto 09 version 8.1.2 and if the new and updated version fixes it I would purchase the upgrade.

However it just seems too good to be true given it seems to be an Apple TV problem. If the sort function works in my current version of Iphoto what keeps them from being resorted in Apple TV just because it's a different version of Iphoto? The theme of this thread has been Apple TV resorting randomly no matter if the files are coming from Iphoto or Itunes.

Thanks!

May 27, 2013 11:42 PM in response to Robertj446

Yes, I have tried, but I do have to admit that in my first question i forgot to mention that the photos were exported from iPhoto to iPad, then shown on TV via ApppleTV, with a slideshow running on the iPad. The error happened when exporting, so the order in the iPad album wasn't the same as in the iPhoto album. That bug was eventually fixed a few weeks ago, so now I do not have to rename the photos to date and time, just sort them by date taken in iPhoto, and the order in the iPad album is correct, hence the slideshow order running through AppleTV is OK.

Photos not in chronological order on apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.