Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ical on iphone not updating since iTunes11 update

I just updated to itunes11, and myicalv4 on iphone 3gs is not updating from my mbp 2gh os10.6.8.

When i look at the itunes11/iphone/Info/ sync calandar it now says " Your calendars are being syned with your iphone from icloud & over the air sync settings can be chaned on your iphone. Im happy just syncing my mbp to my phone without using icloud.

Ive switched settings/icloud/calendars/off the iphone and restarted both mbp & iphone. but still no ical updates to my iphone.

I cant see any other way of switching off the ical part of icloud. ( I would like to keep icloud for "find my iphone" & would prefer not to uodate my osx if possible as im still using rosetta apps )

I was going to go back to itunes 10 but that seems like a lot of work. ( but wil do if necessarry)

Can anyone please help,me get my iphone ical updates back thanks.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 5:46 AM

3 replies

Jan 13, 2013 8:57 AM in response to carlosxxx

This rorygilmore Option has got my mac ical updating iphone with icloud.. so far. Thanks to rory.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3816930?start=0&tstart=0

rorygilmore Re: iCal won't sync from iPhone to Mac Apr 1, 2012

http://iphonewriter.blogspot.co.nz/2008/05/how-to-fixing-ical-iphone-sync-issues .html)

"You'll know the syncing issue when you see it, because the new events you enter into the Calendar on your Apple iPhone will not appear in iCal. Said another way, you'll enter a new event into your iPhone, use iTunes to sync with your Mac (or MacBook in our case) and the new event on your iPhone will not show up in iCal. Keep trying, synch as you might, iCal and the Apple iPhone just won't get along.

Here's the down and dirty fix:

1. Open iCal and backup or export your entries. Make a note of the fie name and location, you're going to need them in a minute. Once your backup/export is completed, close the iCal application.

2. Open Finder and remove everything inside the "Username/Library/Calendars" folder. For instance, if your username is "Joe", then move everything inside the "Joe/Library/Calendars" folder.

3. Open the iSync application. It's located in the "/Applications/" folder. Once iSync is opened, go into the iSync Preferences (iSync -> Preferences) and push/click the "Reset Sync History" button. Then, close the iSync application.

4. Re-Open the iCal application and Import (File -> Import) a new calendar. When prompted, use your notes from Step #1 to select the file your created earlier. Once completed, close the iCal application (you should have all of your calendar entries back.)

5. Open the iTunes application and connect your Apple iPhone to the computer.

6. Within the Advanced section of the Info tab for the Apple iPhone, check the box the overwrites/replaces the Calendar data on the Apple iPhone.

7. Click the Apple/Sync button. New, modified and deleted entries should now be syncing correctly.

That's it! You should be all set and iTunes, iCal and our Apple iPhone should all be playing nicely as friends again. We've used the exact method to repair our own Apple iPhone at least once... maybe even twice."

Dec 15, 2013 11:32 AM in response to carlosxxx

I tried this last week, and the problem was fixed, but 1 week later, the problem returned. However, now it is intermittent; only some of the changes on my iphone calendar make it to iCal on my Mac. I had no problem before upgrading to iOS 7 on the iphone.

When I sync, itunes knows there is a change in the calender (I get the update box for all of the changed events), but some of the events never make it to iCal.

Anyone else with this problem?

ical on iphone not updating since iTunes11 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.