Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get photos off ipad to pc

When I connect my ipad to pc,I can't get the photos from the ipad to the pc. I have over 500 on there and no backup.

My photostream is working over icloud but I only have about 100 photos on that. I understand pre-icloud photos won't sync to cloud. But I can't get my other 400 photos off the ipad. I had transferred them somehow from an old pc to the ipad but that pc is fried so the only copies I have of the photos are on my ipad.

I open itunes and then my ipad but that shows 0 photos.

I open my ipad from my PC under "my computer" and go to the dcim folder. There is only some weird folder there, 860OKMZO, with 4 random pics from my photo stream

There is no way I can get to my pics. Not even my photo stream from my pc

iPad 2, Windows 7

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 8:44 AM

4 replies

Dec 21, 2012 9:00 AM in response to Mjd2k

To copy photos that were originally synced from a computer you can use third-party apps such as Simple Transfer which can copy them off via your wifi network. But as photos are 'optimised' when they are synced to the iPad, any that you then copy back to a computer may not be exactly the same as they originally were on your computer e.g. their file size and dimensions may be different, colours might look different etc

Can't get photos off ipad to pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.