Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 2 screen rotation not working. Is NOT locked

Since yesterday my iPad 2 stopped screen rotation. Rotation is not locked with the software or hardware switch. I rebooted and also resetted the iPad but that did not change anything. The App Gyroscope shows that the sensor itself still works. Is there anything I can do do get the screen rotating again?

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 8:56 AM

6 replies

Dec 21, 2012 9:01 AM in response to J.enss

Two things that I can think of other than restoring the iPad - which would be a third possibility.

You can try resetting all settings. Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings. You will have to enter all of your device settings again.... All of the settings in the settings app will have to be re-entered.

I have read where this worked for some users ..... Turn the iPad over and tap/lightly smack it a few times on the back. Do this very carefully and by all means cushion the screen if you try this.

Apr 17, 2013 5:27 PM in response to J.enss

Hi.

For me the accelerometer stopped to work during a game, race racing 3 by the way.

I got it back doing a reset (press main button + on off button together for 10 seconds).

The automatic feature to rotate de screen with the movement was back.

And then, I tryied the game again... My mistake.

Now I lost it definitely.

All the games that need the accelerometer doesn't have that move.

Any idea about what could I do to make it work again?

Maybe some kind of test app to identify the problem?

Thanks.

Jun 3, 2013 5:22 PM in response to J.enss

After loose my gyroscopic sensor, I solved the problem using:

Seetings / general / accessibility / Assistive Touch / turn it active.

It creates a button with access to many different functions.

One of them is a rotation app, that allow you to define the rotate anytime.

You lost the automaticity from the sensor, but still have the power to use your device with better resolution.

Hope this can be useful.

Ipad 2 screen rotation not working. Is NOT locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.