Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes wifi sync on Windows 7 64-bit

I know there are many many threads on wifi syncing being unreliable, especially when running iTunes on windows. I've been trying to get wifi syncing to work to my Windows 7 (64-bit) machine ever since it came out a year ago and I've finally got it working reliably. For me the answer was to enable SNMP (through add/remove windows components). I'm assuming SNMP is a required component for wifi syncing to work correctly. If this is the case why doesn't apple advertise this fact? There is no mention of SNMP in the support article on wifi syncing. Is iTunes supposed to enable SNMP at install, and somehow it failed on my machine? Or is SNMP not required, and it's only a coincidence that somehow turning it on on my machine fixed some other configuration problem?

In any case I hope that this post can help some other people fix their wifi sync problems.

Windows 7, 64-Bit

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 10:38 AM

1 reply

iTunes wifi sync on Windows 7 64-bit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.