Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Access Lion Server with Server.app over PAT

Hello,

I want to be able to access my Lion Server over the Internet.

The server ist behind a NAT router and I tried portforwarding to port TCP 311 and TCP 625.

In both cases I couldn't connect.

The login window keeps shaking

I use <myhost>dyndns.org:31102 as hostname when 31102 was forwarded to one of the above mentioned ports.

What can I do to succeed?

Best regards

macmartin

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 3:43 PM

2 replies

Dec 22, 2012 11:03 AM in response to macmartin

Two things stand out from your post. First is the 'window keeps shaking' which implies that you're talking to the server, but that the authentication is failing.

The second is your choice of port forwarding. You can't use non-standard ports for this - even though you might initiate the connection on one port by specifying where the client should connect to, the fact that VPN uses multiple ports coupled with the fact you have no control over those ports, means you have to use the standard ports. What were you hoping to achieve by using non-standard ports?

Dec 22, 2012 3:41 PM in response to Camelot

Hi Camelot,

thank you for your kind comments.

Yes, I think I am talking to the server an I am quite sure to enter the correct credentials.

I am not using VPN at this time.

I have configured a port forwarding rule in my NAT/PAT router which forwards port 31102 tcp to the server-ip´s port 311.

I thought 311 is the standard port for server administration.

What port do you think I should use?

Regards

macmartin

Access Lion Server with Server.app over PAT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.