Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

do not disturb option

Hi i ahve an iphone 4s with up to date IOS. itried the new feature of the IOS 6 " do not disturb" but the funny part is, i created a list of people under favourites in my contact list and turned the do not disturb - On ...so that only those people can contact me when its turned on, i went to notifictions and and turned off schhedule - off, and have set Allow calls from - Favourites, repeated call - off

but it seems like still people can call me despite the option being turned on and not in the list....

any solution please.

thank you

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 3:28 PM

Is your iPhone locked when the calls come through?

As this paragraph from the iPhone User Manual states, the iPhone must be locked for "Do Not Disturb" to be in effect:

Turn off all notifications: Go to Settings and turn on Do Not Disturb. When it’s turned on and iPhone is locked, all notifications and calls are silenced, but alarms will still sound. You can set the following options in Settings > Notifications > Do Not Disturb:

• Automatically turn on Do Not Disturb: Set the starting and ending hours for when you don’t want to be disturbed. iPhone turns on Do Not Disturb during these hours each day.
  • Allow some phone calls during Do Not Disturb: When Do Not Disturb is on, calls are silently sent to voice mail. To allow some callers to ring through, tap Allow Calls From. You can allow calls from your Favorites list or other Contacts groups you define. For information about Favorites, see Chapter 25, Contacts, on page 100.
  • Allow persistant callers to ring through: Turn on Repeated Calls. If the same caller (based on their Caller ID) calls you twice within three minutes, iPhone will ring.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2012 3:28 PM in response to jillbd

Is your iPhone locked when the calls come through?

As this paragraph from the iPhone User Manual states, the iPhone must be locked for "Do Not Disturb" to be in effect:

Turn off all notifications: Go to Settings and turn on Do Not Disturb. When it’s turned on and iPhone is locked, all notifications and calls are silenced, but alarms will still sound. You can set the following options in Settings > Notifications > Do Not Disturb:

• Automatically turn on Do Not Disturb: Set the starting and ending hours for when you don’t want to be disturbed. iPhone turns on Do Not Disturb during these hours each day.
  • Allow some phone calls during Do Not Disturb: When Do Not Disturb is on, calls are silently sent to voice mail. To allow some callers to ring through, tap Allow Calls From. You can allow calls from your Favorites list or other Contacts groups you define. For information about Favorites, see Chapter 25, Contacts, on page 100.
  • Allow persistant callers to ring through: Turn on Repeated Calls. If the same caller (based on their Caller ID) calls you twice within three minutes, iPhone will ring.

do not disturb option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.