Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have iPhone5 from Korea and going back to the states

I have iphone5 from korea and i am planning on going to the States.

the iphone is unlocked but my question is would i get LTE on my phone and still covered under apply warranty?

i understand that the phone will work with 3g network but the reason that i got the iphone5 was because of LTE.

would my iphone5 from korea would still cover under warranty in apply store in US?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 10:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 10:18 PM

The warranty for iPhones is only valid in the country of purchase. Do you plan on using AT&T in the U.S.? You should get LTE.

3 replies

Jan 21, 2013 5:22 AM in response to John from seoul

Better to buy it in the US, even if it would work.

1. Even though I believe the Korean phone would work in the US, you can pay the full price for the phone at the Apple Store in the US and it will still be a hundred dollars cheaper than the price of the phone with a contract in Korea.

2. I recently bought an unlocked iphone 5 (verizon) from the Apple Store in the US and brought it to Korea, where I will be living for the next few months -- I travel a lot and needed a way to pop in local sim cards. Everything worked fine for two weeks, but now I have a hardware problem with the phone and have no way to get it conveniently replaced.

After contacting Apple and Apple Korea about the issue, I was told to take the phone to a trusted service provider here in Korea to see about getting it replaced, albeit a Korean model, as they sometimes offer replacement phones to travelers in need of an immediate replacement. The phone would still meet my needs so I agreed. Upon arriving at the service provider, I was turned away with little more than, "Nothing we can do," although fully recognizing that there was a hardware issue.

A tad peeved, I immediately called Apple Korea, told them the issue I was having, and was instructed to hand the phone over to the engineer so they could speak. Less than two minutes passed, he hung up, and I am still in need of a replacement.

I have iPhone5 from Korea and going back to the states

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.