Related Article: Use iTunes to share files between your computer and your iOS or iPadOS device

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whenever I try to use file sharing on my computer to put a ringtone on my phone, my itunes gives me a notice saying that, "a problem has caused itunes to stop working," and a message will be sent if the problem can be fixed.

Every time this message pops up when I am trying to save a ringtone file to my computer, it shuts down my itunes. I have tried other apps and they all cause my itunes to shut down. When the message sent me a way to fix the problem, I did what it said but nothing changed. Itunes had me update to a newer system. Any ideas on how to allow these apps to share files with my computer without that message popping up?

iPhone 4S, Windows 7

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 11:25 PM

There are no replies.

Whenever I try to use file sharing on my computer to put a ringtone on my phone, my itunes gives me a notice saying that, "a problem has caused itunes to stop working," and a message will be sent if the problem can be fixed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.