Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to "remove" a remote control?

How can I make my MB forget a remote control for good?

Thank you very much!

Peter

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 8:54 AM

System Preferences>Security & Privacy. Unlock the lock. Advanced>Check the box to disconnect. Click OK. Lock your lock.

11 replies

Jan 17, 2013 8:34 PM in response to Peter R.

Ok ok let's be civil here.

What I suspect you will have to do is pair the remote to the Mac first, preferably in a second room.

Then on the ATV complete the pairing process. If there is already a remote paired then if I recall correctly it should allow you through the menu to unpair it. Hopefully while pairing the 2nd remote to the TV the Mac will not see it. It may even be better to have the Mac completely off while pairing to the ATV so there is no way it can see the signal.

That's my best guess. I am running 10.8 and the options on the computer end seem to be removed. I don't think Apple is even including remotes with new desktops anymore.

I wish you the best of luck. Getting the remotes paired is a big PITA that I went through once. I think I finally gave up.

How to "remove" a remote control?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.