Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to access website on different Mac's within local network keeping URL constant!

Hello,

I'm able to access a website on my Mac XYZ as usual via http://XYZ.local within my local network.

Now I want to implement this site on another machine ABC but keep the URL identical (not XYZ.local but a third URL)!

My current approach: Virtual host!

Actually I'm searching now for a couple of days and I thought a virtual host might solve my problem.

I successfully setup a virtual host and got an alternative way to access my site. But only on the Mac XYZ, not from other Macs within my local network!!!

My questions:

Is this the right way at all in order to meet my requirements?

Who is responsible in a local network to resolve the name XYZ into the valid IP address?

I really would appreciate you help!

Thanks a lot in advance,

EE

PS: I assume no further information is necessary for the moment due to the more generic type of my problem. But I'll provide more info if necessary...

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 8:48 AM

There are no replies.

Unable to access website on different Mac's within local network keeping URL constant!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.