Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emptying trash at night, but full in the morning?

Last night I emptied my trash and opend up 15 GB on my hard drive. Years of downloads andwho knows what else. This AM I start up my computer and see some wads of paper in my wire basket and of course wonder how they got there. I open my trash and see a folder for recovered files. I click on that and se a list of contents. Most of them read as plugtmp-1 (and other numbers up to 49. If I drag one of these out so I can open it, they do not actually open and if I "get information" on the file I find that their size is 0kb.

So my question is first, just an overview as to what is going on

and then, what should I do with these? There must be some reason for them being recovered. At least they don't take up room!

Thanks

Ron

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 10:46 AM

Hi Ron, those are there because some App or process crashed, I've never been able to do anything with them at all, just trash them, if they reappear we need to find out what is crashing.

Says 10.6, but basically the same for all versions of OSX...

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH7225

3 replies

Emptying trash at night, but full in the morning?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.