Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received the following Time Machine error message: Unable to complete backup. An error occurred while creating the backup folder. Does anyone know what this means or how to fix it?

I received the following Time Machine error message: Unable to complete backup. An error occurred while creating the backup folder. Does anyone know what this means or how to fix it?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 10:54 AM

1 reply

Dec 22, 2012 12:13 PM in response to ekoneck

Your computer has lost access to the backup device.

Are you using a TC?

Reboot it.. if that isn't enough turn off the whole network and reboot in order.. modem.. router/TC.. clients. 2min gap.

Then if you still fail, check the TC has booted corrected and you have airport utility access. Do a disk verify for the backup.

See A5 http://pondini.org/TM/Troubleshooting.html

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.