Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 Group chat.

I have and Iphone5 and when I try and start a group chat with the 4 or 4s it will not let me send as a group only as individual messages. I have made a new message and put all the names down. I have tried to go into messages on settings but no group message option is there. I am telus if that could be the problem. Help?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2, I am on Telus

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 4:11 PM

1 reply

Jan 23, 2013 7:12 PM in response to Megaalco

I have the same issue with ACS. I think only AT&T and Verizon offer the group messaging option after reading through forums for a bit. I just switched from AT&T and it worked great for group messages with people without iPhones.

If you're messaging to an iPhone 4 and 4s you shouldn't have a problem, though. That should go through iMessage which is a different feature for Apple only devices and have nothing to do with a carrier. It should show up as a blue text instead of a green one. You could do it through your wifi without cellular if needed and/or use an iPad or Mac.

Iphone 5 Group chat.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.