Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no genius on iPhone 5 iOS 6.0.1

Hi,

I have a new iPhone 5 running iOS 6.0.1. I have no genius button in my music app. My iTunes on my laptop is updated to the latest version and genius works fine on that. I don't want to sync to my iTunes library, but I can't find any other suggestions on how to fix this. I would like to create genius playlists from a song that is playing on my iPhone. I'm not using Match either, which I've seen causes genius problems. Any help is much appreciated, I can't find anything about this on any forum.

Cheers,

Johnny

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 8:16 PM

6 replies

Dec 22, 2012 8:42 PM in response to J.Crunk

You're welcome. I don't use the genius feature so I don't have much experience with it. I did find this in a support article if it's of any help (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2978):

Sometimes if you sync a portion of your iTunes library to iPod or iPhone, you may be unable to create a Genius playlist with certain songs while using your device. You may see one of the following messages:

• "This song does not have enough related songs to create a Genius Playlist."
  • "Genius is unavailable for the selected song."

If this happens, try making a Genius playlist with those songs on your computer. If you can make a Genius playlist in iTunes on your computer, then it is likely that there are not enough songs on your iPod or iPhone that go great with the desired songs. Try syncing more of your iTunes library with your device. If you are still unable to make Genius playlists from those songs, consider making Genius playlists in iTunes first, then syncing them to your iPod or iPhone.

Dec 23, 2012 8:02 PM in response to randers4

Still getting the "not enough related songs to create a genius playlist" message on the iPhone itself. I know this isn't the case because I can make genius playlists on my laptop and I have all of those songs on my iPhone as well. I've updated genius with the iPhone plugged in and nothing is working. Anybody else have this problem?

Also - is there anyway to put genius playlists from iTunes on my iPhone without syncing? I used to be able to do this in iTunes 10.7 but now that it's updated I can't.

Thanks,

Johnny

no genius on iPhone 5 iOS 6.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.