Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone user guide will not open from the home screen icon

After upgrading to iOS6, I was able to place the iPhone user guide icon on the home screen. This worked well until recently, now I tap on it and nothing happens (the screen turns white). I can still open the user guide from Safari, but it was more convenient to open it from a home screen icon. What is wrong?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 9:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 9:43 PM

You could try deleting your icon and creating a new one from Safari. Another option is to download the free iBooks app, then download the user manual as an iBook (just search the iBooks store for "iPhone user guide for iOS 6). You'll probably find reading it as an iBook to be much more convenient than using Safari.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2012 9:43 PM in response to BertingAP

You could try deleting your icon and creating a new one from Safari. Another option is to download the free iBooks app, then download the user manual as an iBook (just search the iBooks store for "iPhone user guide for iOS 6). You'll probably find reading it as an iBook to be much more convenient than using Safari.

iPhone user guide will not open from the home screen icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.