Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless Keyboard - Need a Delete Key

I've recently bought the Apple Wireless keyboard. Brilliant. But I can't find how to make a delete button.

There is the back space but nothing seems to work with it (alt/ctrl/cmd) for simple delete.

Tried to find a way to programme the keys but haven't worked it out

any suggestions appreciated

JB

apple wireless keyboard-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 12:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 8:04 AM

Hello:

How old is the KB you purchased?

All Apple keyboards have, for some time, had a delete key (located in the upper right-hand part of the KB).

Barry

18 replies

Dec 23, 2012 9:34 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

Thanks for the note Barry

I bought it from the online Apple store a two months ago.

I've now looked them up online and zoomed in and sure enough they have a deleter key where mine has a back space key. Also the return key on mine spans two rows down the right hand side where the others have a single row, lateral button

I was sure I sure be able to programme it to increase the functions behind the keys but if not I'll have to go into Apple. At least I have the receipt and box so there won't be any argument on them helping

However if anyone knows how to dual function the backspace/delete key, that would be handy

John

Jan 1, 2013 11:36 PM in response to JRBUK

From your description of the Return key, you may have a "English (British)" or "English (International)" keyboard instead of the more common (at least here) "English (US)" version.

<http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2841>

Does the Fn key work properly with other keys? e.g.

Fn ⇡ = Page Up

Fn ⇣ = Page Down

Fn ⇠ = Home

Fn ⇢ = End

Fn ⌫ = ⌦

Aug 25, 2013 6:23 PM in response to JRBUK

Hopefully JRBUK solved this by now, but FWIW... I got a new UK wireless keyboard in August 2013 and no delete key just the original double-width Backspace I know and love from my 80s Macs.

Anyhow, Fn with that key works as [Del] for me - deleting the character to the right of the cursor. Malcolm's checks above are good advice, btw.

Wireless Keyboard - Need a Delete Key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.