Thankyou for your response but my Internet plug-in folder is absolutely empty. the problem i am facing is that when I open and PDF link from a web page it displays a page which is totally black and then I have to right click it save it on my desktop after which i can open and read normally. I downloaded google chrome where it works absolutely normal, the problem is with Safari only.
If you want to open a PDF file within Safari, you have two choices. You need to place either item 1 or items 2 in your /Library/Internet Plug-Ins folder.
- Apple Quartz Composer.webplugin
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 11 PDFViewer.plugin and AdobePDFViwerNPAPI.plugin
Your actions are, again either item 1 or item 2:
- Get a copy of the Apple Quartz Composer webplugin from someone else with the same exact OS X version as you (or reinstall OS X).
- Place in /Library/Internet Plug-Ins
- Permission: 755 root:wheel
- Download and install the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader 11 version for OS X
- The installation will place the above Adobe PDF plugins in /Library/Internet Plug-Ins
If the Apple and Adobe plug-ins co-reside, the Adobe PDF plug-in will overide the Apple Quartz Composer plugin.
The Adobe PDF viewer has more functionality and is compatible with the latest Safari 6 releases.