Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong cover artwork on iOS.

Hi everybody.

I have a huge issue or problem with home sharing on any iOS device. When i view or browse my iTunes content on my MacBook Pro, everything looks perfect and show does it on my Apple Tv.

But whenever i want to watch a tv show or movie from my iTunes library on either my iPad or iPhone through the Video app. All cover artwork is displayed incorrectly.

I've had this problem for as long as i have had my iPad. I was hopping that Apple might have fixed this huge bug when updating to iTunes 11.

Does anyone have a fix for this... Super annoying. Almost makes the video app useless.

I've attached a screenshot herre: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bntzmynpg7z9aoj/Photo%2023-12-12%2012.32.56.jpg

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 4:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 7:51 AM

I think it is an iOS 6 home sharing issue, judging by the numerous issues and glitches with the music & remote app I (and countless others) have experienced with Home Sharing. Missing albums, missing artists, no art work, wrong art work, ... all while my iPad 1 with iOS 5 has everything correct all the time.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2012 7:51 AM in response to steeze

I think it is an iOS 6 home sharing issue, judging by the numerous issues and glitches with the music & remote app I (and countless others) have experienced with Home Sharing. Missing albums, missing artists, no art work, wrong art work, ... all while my iPad 1 with iOS 5 has everything correct all the time.

Dec 26, 2012 7:52 PM in response to steeze

This has been a problem with TV Shows home sharing on iOS devices for a long time, and I've been dealing with it for a while all the way up to my current iPad3.(my Apple TV always had NO problems) Most of the many articles written tell you to fully populate meta data for imported videos with artist, season, episode, etc and not having duplicates in the same show, etc. This is a pain if you have a bunch of random videos and have to keep making up this fake data just to get it to work.

So when I upgraded to iTunes 11, all of a sudden the problem seemed to go away, and artwork was correct for all TV shows, no missing/duplicate artwork or inaccessible shows, and the individual episodes finally had different art, not identical for each episode in the show as it had been before.

But then *something* happened and it got all messed up again, I think when adding new TV Show content. The TV shows got all messed up again, and a new strange thing happened, the disease spread to Video Podcasts as well. This is a new problem in iTunes 11 that I hadn't seen before. Luckily, Movies and Music Videos are still unaffected by the problem, that would be catastrophic.

I was able to get it back working again by deleting all TV shows and re-adding them, but this is not practical as I have thousands of videos in TV shows and this takes a long time.(in addition to my iTunes holding thousands of movies and thousands of music videos, which so far have been unaffected by this disease)

I don't think this problem is over yet...unless I'm missing something.

Dec 28, 2012 3:50 AM in response to jenhi

This is SUCH a pain.

Now mine is all messed up again!!! I can not and do not want to delete all my iTunes library files etc... And then re-add all th content to iTunes again every week :)))

Don't Apple know about this issue? It seems like they are cueless or careless, since they 'designed' the Videos app without any text information and all navigation based on cover art - unlike the remote app. Making it useless.

I am soooo not impressed... Is there an non Apple alternative that works?

Dec 28, 2012 6:20 AM in response to steeze

I was playing around some more, and right now everything is working fine again.

All I did was signed out of home sharing on the iPad Videos and logged back in, and now everything is perfect: all shows with correct and functioning cover art, and they are displaying in correct alphabetical order now too.

I think what happened is that the iPad gets freaked out if you add or change TV Show content in iTunes while its still connected, something gets corrupted and logging out/in clears it. I also have only some of my shows with full and correct meta data,(season, episode, etc.) most other videos in TV Shows have only show and album populated, and yet it still works.

They definitely fixed a bunch of things in iTunes 11 for home sharing TV Shows to iDevices. I mainly use the home sharing for Apple TV which has always worked, so the iPad issue was mainly an annoyance. Not anymore.<knock on wood...>

Wrong cover artwork on iOS.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.