Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do is it so **** difficult to copy stuff from iphoto to flash drives?

I've read a lot of advice on here about how to do this simple task but still it eludes me. I have flagged the photos I want to transfer to a flash drive to be read on a pc. Will they transfer - they will not. Tried the folder on the desk top solution, they won't even drag and drop to that. What is the deal here? On a pc it just does it - no problem, no nonsense about libraries and FAT and XFAT stuff. Please can somebody tell me without resorting to technicalities how to do this basic operation. I love my iMac but sometimes - GRRRR|||

Wilf

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iMac 11,1 Intel Core i5. 2.66GHz

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 4:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 4:57 AM

It's not difficult.

And you know, you don't have to use iPhoto, you can just have your photo files in folders. Very limited and basic, but if that's what you're comfortable with, just don't use iPhoto.

As the files won't drag and drop to a folder on the desktop... will the export to it? (File -> Export)

3 replies

Dec 23, 2012 6:25 AM in response to wilfredfromcastleford

Thank you TC. The thing about the 'Export' bit that was puzzling me was that there is no destination to export to on the first pop-up window. It is only when you click the 'Export' button that the destination folder options open up. I know Macs are supposed to be intuitive - but really sometimes...

Anyway thanks again.

Wilf.

Dec 23, 2012 6:39 AM in response to wilfredfromcastleford

I know Macs are supposed to be intuitive - but really sometimes...

The mac design tries to keep the user interface well structured - not too many options cramped into only one panel. That is why you first get a panel to select the application specific export options: what to export, the file format and encodings, and then a second panel to select the filenames and folders.

This way all file chooser dialoges in the mac interface are exactly the same across all applications and easy to navigate.

Regards

Léonie

Why do is it so **** difficult to copy stuff from iphoto to flash drives?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.