Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows Server 2012 wireless problem

Hi all,

I installed Windows Server 2012 on my Mac Book Air without any problems. I suppose, the drivers that come with Boot Camp software are pretty outdated because I couldn't set the screen resolution at first. I downloaded latest Intel display drivers and the resolution problem is gone. I still got a problem with the Wi-Fi drivers. Boot Camp installed some drivers for Wi-Fi but they don't work. I believe the latest drivers would solve the problem but I don't know and can't find the hardware that my Mac uses. It is a late 2011 model. Can anyone share me the wireless card manufacturer's name and chipset information?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 5:22 AM

3 replies

Dec 23, 2012 6:16 AM in response to onselakin

Windows Server is not supported by Bootcamp. No drivers. See the System Requirements for Bootcamp. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1899

I think the beat way to install Windows Server is to use a virtual machine like Parallels or Fusion. This is to say you can't get Windows Server working with Bootcamp but it is not a supported configuration and will require more than is offered or supported by Bootcamp.

Dec 23, 2012 6:53 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

Hi BobTheFisherman,

Same can be said for Windows 2008 R2 but you can install it with Boot Camp. I need to run the server software without virtualization because I need all the ram and cpu power available.

Although it is not supported, I want to give it a try. Aside from the wireless problem, Windows Server 2012 runs perfect on my Mac, it's really fast.

So where can I find out about the card and chipset of my Mac Book Air?

Dec 23, 2012 8:52 AM in response to onselakin

onselakin wrote:

Hi BobTheFisherman,

Same can be said for Windows 2008 R2 but you can install it with Boot Camp. I need to run the server software without virtualization because I need all the ram and cpu power available.

And it works, sometimes, for some people.

Although it is not supported, I want to give it a try. Aside from the wireless problem, Windows Server 2012 runs perfect on my Mac, it's really fast.

So where can I find out about the card and chipset of my Mac Book Air?

Google?

Windows Server 2012 wireless problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.