Skip navigation

iOS 6.0.2 Update not only drains battery but also broke notification center

1157 Views 16 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2013 10:01 PM by Gunny30 RSS
1 2 Previous Next
nkv76 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Dec 23, 2012 5:45 AM

Seems like the iOS 6.0.2 was one of the worst updates. Seems like it not only drains the battery but also came with a set of new problems:

1. Drains battery significantly when idle. I use to loose 1 or 2% through the night and now it is close to 10% and surprisingly when I pick the phone in the morning and get past the lock screen the battery drops 5 to 10% instantaneously.

2. Uses Cellular data even when WiFi is available specially once the phone is in sleep mode.

3. Notifications from CNN, and some of the apps no longer show up on the lock screen. How can I tell ? iPad mini doesn't have the issues and I am seeing the notifications on the mini but none on my iPhone.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2
  • fromsouth Level 4 Level 4 (3,170 points)

All update does really is updates software. Then the human factor comes in. All those bad things are imposed by something like personal settings or changes that were done or made on the phone. You can try to fix those separately, for example for battery drain to reset all settings, May also fix problem number 3. Or you can try to reinstall software by restoring in itunes, setting up as new and you will see it work as it suppose to. By the way after update 5.1.1 my wife stopped cooking dinners, that was the worst update for me.

Most important detail that you forgot to mention is that you are software developer. That I type of people do not care for help, usually, already made their mind and sorry, I would never started to attempt to help if I knew that detail. Have a great day!

Here is support community for you developer.apple.com

I got that as well as soon as, I looked at your previous similar posts after update to 6. You not looking for help you are looking for similarly minded individuals ( you call it pattern gently ). These are support forums thou. Once again I didn't realize what you looking for in your first post, and now I am very apologetic that I attempted to help.

• Man.of.Tomorrow Calculating status...

Same issue here. Spending about 2 Mb an hour of cellular data even when using wi fi. Didn't have that problem before updating to 6.0.2. So yeah, it's not only the battery draining thing but also this. We need a new update ASAP. Anyone else noticed this?

By the way I had similar question a while ago and here is how my quest ended.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/19954133#19954133

• tonyawhite Level 1 Level 1 (75 points)

The notification apps you arent seeing in the lock mode are probably what is draining your battery, for some reason they are running in the background. I suggesst uninstalling these apps and reinstalling.  Put them back in notifications and you should see a improvement in your battery.  Just my experience with myself and friends and what we have done.  Hope it helps!

let me get it straight.

You are running SQL database lite on the back ground?

Do you have same problem without it, lets say if you can bear for a day or so? And your point that any restore from back up should work is incorrect. Any software, including your back up can and does get corrupted.

• Alekz Gzz. Calculating status...

I have the same problem with my phone battery is consumed too fast. Yesterday when I went to sleep was 86% and this morning dawned off.

I don´t Even have 2 months with the Iphone 5 and im worried about that the battery is no working anymore...

everybody is saying that is a problem with IOS 6.0.2,,,, Is that so?????

1 2 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.