Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate contacts on my iPhone

Ever since I set up iCloud (for my contacts) all of the contacts on my iPhone 4 have duplicated and triplicated. However, they did not duplicate on my MacBook Pro or on my iCloud contacts. Is there a work around for this? Thank you.

Mac Pro

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 9:15 AM

13 replies

Dec 23, 2012 10:04 AM in response to cheonweb

I followed your steps, but when I turned the contacts back on, they were still duplicated. However! I think I may have found the problem. I noitced when I went to settings/iCloud, my old email is in the Account field. When I log into iCloud online, I use my new email address. Is there a way to change the Account email on my iPHone? Thank you.

Dec 23, 2012 10:16 AM in response to tinkerbelle2012

No. iCloud or iTunes back up is a "close pack" with your data and you will need it if you want to restore your iPhone to a previous situation. It Contains your Settings, applications data, messages, recents calls, stored Wi-Fi passwords and Camera Roll. You can backup automatically through iCloud and manual backup through iTunes (recommended).

Dec 23, 2012 10:25 AM in response to tinkerbelle2012

You 're welcome.

Remember that iCloud keeps the backup only to restore: Settings, applications data, messages, recents calls, stored Wi-Fi passwords and Camera Roll.

Contacts, Calendars etc. are SYNC with iCloud. This is NOT a backup. If you delete something (accidentally or not) it will be erased from all other devices and iCloud server. Your backup device for all these stuff is your computer backup (time machine or else).

Sorry for my English and Happy new Year!

Duplicate contacts on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.