Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up Pro Tools 10

I have recently purchased Pro Tools 10, A MicroKorg XL and an Avid Audio Interface but I'm unsure of how I should go about installing and setting everything up properly. If anybody could give us some pointers or a walkthrough I'd be eternally grateful!

I'm using a MacBook Pro running OS X Version 10.8.2

2.53 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor

4GB 1067MHzDDR3 Memory

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 2:50 PM

11 replies

Mar 3, 2013 8:09 AM in response to cheekypaul

I'm running 10.2.0.140 PT. When I launch I get a message that it cannot open a new file because...(not in my studio so dont have it in front of me, sorry) and part of the string includes the words /macos.22/.

PT does not see any of my interfaces - tried all three - Digidesign 002 rack, Mbox, Mbox2 mini. The next error I get is related to that problem. It's trying to use PT i/o as it doesnt know it has another option.

I've been running PT forever on many systems - this is a new mac and my first stab at pt 10. I have the upgrade to pt 10.3, but it won't install either.

Thanks in advance for any advice. Erin

Mar 3, 2013 11:53 AM in response to Erin Geyelin

that kind of problem is quite large, therefore probably something is missing.

i'd try a re-install but maybe an uninstall first.

i do vaguely remember a problem, now i think of it, when i very first started using pro tools 10, but pro tools (being the DAW leader for many years) has probably been the biggest PITA in this regard, of all the DAWs i have used. however, the current rewrite/v10 is the best it's ever been. it's just that it's taken a lot of beta guinea pig loyal user frustration to get there. boy, have we been used...

Setting up Pro Tools 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.