Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad & iPhone Hotmail Folders Empty

iPhone & iPad folders empty

Sometime recently, perhaps after updating my iPhone and iPad to iOS 6, I noticed mail is missing from many of my HotMail folders on those devices. My account is set up as an Exchange account. I have since deleted it from my iPad and added it back as a new Exchange account. My Inbox repopulated with a small number of existing emails, but just a few of the 100 plus emails that are accessible via a web browser on my desktop computer. Likewise for my Sent mail and Trash. None of the folders I created on my own populated on my iPad of iPhone with the emails that are in them and which are accessible via desktop and web browser.

If I send a new email message to my account, then after it arrives I move it using my desktop to one of the folders I created, it shows up just fine. In other words, there doesn't seem to be any problem with new emails, just earlier, preexisting emails. I tried using my desktop to move emails from one folder to another to see if they would then populate on my iPad, but that didn't help. I tried marking them as unread. That didn't help either.

I cannot find a way to make preexisting emails show up in the folders on my iPad or iPhone.

Has anybody encountered this before? Is this a known bug? More importantly, is there a fix or a workaround?

Thanks.

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1, Also eefect iPhone 4s, iOS 6

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 1:23 PM

Thank you.

I found the answer. It was operator failure, my fault. In the settings on my iPhone and iPad there is a setting called Mail Days to Sync. I had this set to a short duration. When I changed it to No Limit, all the older mail was properly populated into their respective folders.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2012 1:23 PM in response to Russ G

Thank you.

I found the answer. It was operator failure, my fault. In the settings on my iPhone and iPad there is a setting called Mail Days to Sync. I had this set to a short duration. When I changed it to No Limit, all the older mail was properly populated into their respective folders.

iPad & iPhone Hotmail Folders Empty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.