Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sounds not working after iOS 6.0.2 update. How can I fix it?

After I updated to iOS 6.0.2, my lock/unlock and keyboard click sounds don't work all the time, and sometimes sound doesn't work if i'm playing a game or watching a YouTube video!! This is nuts! Like today, apparently i got a message at 1:15pm.... But I didn't know until much later because the sound did not work. None of this happened on iOS 6.0.1, not even on my old iPhone 4 on iOS 6.0.1. Has anyone else had this issue? And is there a way to fix this?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2, White 32GB

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 5:13 PM

3 replies

Dec 26, 2012 5:07 PM in response to Matrix X2

Mine started doing the same thing but I didn't make the connection with iOS 6.0.2 until today. Everytime my phone is on silent for long periods of time (at work during the day or "Do Not Disturb" at night) the sound won't activate. I would've been late to work one day if my wife hadn't heard my phone vibrating. The only way I can get the sound working is to do a hard reboot of my phone. I'm really hoping Apple releases an update soon!

Jan 5, 2013 4:47 PM in response to Matrix X2

I've been having problems with the sound, especially with text messages. Sometimes the sound/vibrate works, sometimes the text shows up a couple seconds after the sound/vibration. Also, my call history has been deleting itself at random. First issues like this I've had with iOS, and I've been using it since '07. Hope it gets fixed soon, it's very annoying and problematic.

Sounds not working after iOS 6.0.2 update. How can I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.