Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 4s was stolen yesterday. What next?

So yesterday I set my phone down and left it by accident and as soon as i realized that i don't have it anymore, I went back to retreive it. Unfortunately, some jerk decided to steal my iphone, which i really dont understand since it had a crack on the screen... I tried using the Find My Iphone app but the person who stole my phone turned my phone off, so the app can't track my phone unless it's on. luckily, I had a passcode on my phone. I know that there is no chance that i will never get my phone back, so i selected the option to delete all my data from Find My Iphone as soon as my phone is turned on. The REAL question is, what do i do next? I have insurance on my phone with Verizon, which i'm pretty sure, is called Asurion. I filed a claim, and now they're asking me to fill out

form/affidavit, complete it, and upload it to the website. If i upload the form, do i get a new iphone? will it be refurbished? Is it better if i purchase an iphone 4s from ebay? If i buy it from ebay, how does that all work? Help would be MUCH appreciated. I feel like now that my iphone is stolen a part of my life is gone. all my personal info, contacts, and emails.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1, stolen iphone 4s

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 10:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 11:25 PM

Questions regarding your insurance policy should be directed to the insurance provider. It's unlikely that anyone here would know what the insurance company will do in your case. You need to speak to them to find out what you'll get and what options you have as far as a replacement phone goes.

All your personal data will still be in iCloud and in the applications on your computer that you sync your iPhone with.

It's likely that the theif will simply wipe the phone so he/she can start using it, so your data is safe.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2012 11:25 PM in response to itsannak

Questions regarding your insurance policy should be directed to the insurance provider. It's unlikely that anyone here would know what the insurance company will do in your case. You need to speak to them to find out what you'll get and what options you have as far as a replacement phone goes.

All your personal data will still be in iCloud and in the applications on your computer that you sync your iPhone with.

It's likely that the theif will simply wipe the phone so he/she can start using it, so your data is safe.

My iphone 4s was stolen yesterday. What next?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.