Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get CD Track Names AFTER importing without an internet connection?

I have imported a stack of CDs while without an internet connection. On the old iTunes, after doing so I could click Advanced, Get Track Names and the data would appear. But where is it on iTunes 11? I checked everywhere but cannot find a way to get the CD data from Gracenote.

MacBook Pro, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 2:18 AM

11 replies

Dec 24, 2012 2:28 AM in response to Mike Johnson12

MJ, this was not the case on all previous iTunes, the Gracenote info was imported with the CD and you could look it up later by clicking Advanced/ Get Track Names. The current Help Center on iTunes still says you can do it... but it shows an Option tab to click which does not appear if the CD is no longer inserted (in which case you cannot actually do it!):

If you don’t see song information

When you insert a CD into your computer, iTunes finds the CD in the Gracenote media database on the Internet and displays the name and other track information for each song. If songs appear as “Track 01,” “Track 02,” and so on, either you aren’t connected to the Internet or iTunes can’t find the CD’s information.

If you’re not connected to the Internet, you can import the songs anyway, and look up the CD information the next time you’re connected.

Dec 24, 2012 2:39 AM in response to sinatra33

If you’re not connected to the Internet, you can import the songs anyway, and look up the CD information the next time you’re connected.

Sounds like you still need an internet connection and alwys have needed one. I have been using iTunes from the very early days before Grace Note came into the mix and when it was available it saved a lot of editing of tags but STILL needed an internet connection.

MJ

How to get CD Track Names AFTER importing without an internet connection?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.