Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp crashes all the time during setup

Hello everyone!

I am trying to install windows7 on my MacBook Pro (non-retina, 1 month old, 4gb ram, i7 processor, nVidea graphics card 384 mb, ...)

So, I have the printed version of the instruction PDF file, I have an ISO file of windows7, burnt with DiskUtility to a DVD. I have another DVD with the drivers for windows.

When I am was in the BootCamp wizard, and have selected the option to just install windows, and selected the amount of space (20gb), bootcamp crashes... I don't know why... I tried installing with a partition of 30gb, it didn't work as well...

So, this is the situation: NO partition, NO windows, always the popup 'Bootcamp Assistant stopped working etc...'

Really frustrating!

________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________

I am using:

Mac OSX 10.8.2

Bootcamp assistant 5.0.1

Windows7 Ultimate disc

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 7:05 AM

4 replies

Dec 28, 2012 4:43 PM in response to Mathieu P.

Mathieu P. wrote:

I have the same problem with a 2012 MacMini and 10.8.2: it crashes just before stating the partitionning.

Changing the partition size doesn't seem to help. Neither does reparing the disk and permissions with Disk Utility.

Start your own thread. If you are messing with Disk Utility and a Bootcamp partition you will mess up your Bootcamp partition and possibly your OSx partition as well.

The original poster's issue was one of too small a Bootcamp partition. Your issue appears to be different.

Bootcamp crashes all the time during setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.