Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can anyone tell me where to find a firewire cable that fits snug in a macbook pro?

I have tried many different 9-pin firewire 800 cables. All work there way out of the port on my 2010 Macbook Pro. It's very frustrating because it can ruin the data. Sometimes the repair doesn't work. Most of the time the drive goes offline. The best cable I've found is the firewire cable that came with my Western Digital Passport Studio drive. The cable has metal connectors. It seems to help keep the cable in the port better than any other I've found.

It's a shame that a firewire lock cable can't be designed for these computers to prevent this problem. Besides tape or glue, does anyone have a suggestion? Perhaps a better cable? The firewire cable that came with my Seagate free agent drive is also quite good. But that cable is proprietary to the drive.

Thank you for your help!

Paul

Multiple Windows and Macs, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 9:59 PM

In all the years that a FW port was available have I ever had an issue with a FW cable coming out of the port.

Maybe buying a new cable would be a possible solution.

MJ

5 replies

Can anyone tell me where to find a firewire cable that fits snug in a macbook pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.