Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband vs. Pro Tools

My friends and I would like to record our voices onto beats I've produced. I was going to get a microphone from Blue Microphones (Yeti), but my friend thinks I should get the Pro Tools Vocal Studio.

The problem is that I am used to GarageBand, and have been using it for a long time now. Pro Tools 10 is a new application to me, and honestly, I don't want to have to learn how to use entirely new software when I know that GarageBand can do the job. And I don't want to spend $99 dollars on something that may not even work. We don't have money to blow...

Is Pro Tools Vocal Studio worth the cost and learning new software, or should I get a Blue Microphones Yeti and stick with GarageBand? I just want to know if it's worth leaving my comfort zone.

Thanks in advanced!

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 8GB RAM, 500GB HD

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 7:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 10:35 AM

I'm pretty sure that Pro Tools Vocal Studio is just a M-Audio usb mic and a special version of pro tools SE that comes free with many mics and interfaces.

The M-Audio mic should work fine with Garageband so you could use it with both.

2 replies

Garageband vs. Pro Tools

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.