Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i put microsoft office into my applications folder?

I got the new 2011 microsoft offic update but there did not appear to be an option to drag them into my applications folder at the beginning so now they are on my desktop toolbar but I cannot clear them from there and put them in my applications folder. Is there anyway to do this?

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 8:35 AM

3 replies

Dec 24, 2012 9:27 AM in response to AppleUser2k12

Best is to used the Office Update system that downloads and installs the update automatically.

If you have the Update .(DOT)DMG file just double click on that file. If for some reason you have a .(DOT)EXE file that is for the Windows side of Office and will not work on a Mac. If you have a .(DOT)ISO file again just double click on it. With either DMG or ISO it will decompress it and start the update install.

Dec 24, 2012 9:27 AM in response to AppleUser2k12

AppleUser2k12 wrote:

I got the new 2011 microsoft offic update but there did not appear to be an option to drag them into my applications folder at the beginning so now they are on my desktop toolbar but I cannot clear them from there and put them in my applications folder. Is there anyway to do this?

Open any Office application, select Help Menu>Check for Updates, the updater will download and install any updates for you.

Now tell me what you are doing?

how do i put microsoft office into my applications folder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.