Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I watch iPhone video on my macbook while traveling?

OK, so I want to be able to watch streaming video on my macbook pro, but I do not have a wifi card. I only have my iPhone. Is there a way to connect my iPhone's screen to my macbook and watch the video that is streaming on my iPhone? Kind like hooking your macbook up to your tv to watch video, I just want to hook my iPhone screen up to my macbook. More specifically, I'm trying to watch ESPN on my iPhone, and just want to watch it on the bigger screen of the macbook.

My iPhone isn't jailbroken.

I have the unlimited data plan, so the tethering plan will not work.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Physical tethering? Wireless tethering? Thanks!

MacBook Pro, iOS 6.0.2, iPhone connection; tethering

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 10:50 AM

5 replies

Dec 24, 2012 11:11 AM in response to Shootist007

Maybe I misspoke. My computer gets wifi--like, if I'm at home, I can surf the web and download using my network. But I don't have one of those USB wifi things to plug into my laptop while I'm on the road. So, if someone was going to suggest that, I was just making a preemptive statement that that option isn't possible. Sorry for the confusion.

Dec 24, 2012 11:32 AM in response to SpinTk

I don't know if it is or isn't. With my provider and my phone, a HTC EVO, I can set the phone to be a WiFi hot spot that 5 other devices can connect to and use the 3 or 4 G system to get to the internet.

Not sure about your particular iPhone or what your Cell provider allows. Even with an Unlimited Data plan some providers do not like you connecting other devices through your phone to the internet. They want to charge you extra for that feature or set the phone up so it can't be done at all.

Only you would know if the phone and your provider allows and includes that feature. Look in the settings on the phone for something that says something like WiFi Hot Spot.

How do I watch iPhone video on my macbook while traveling?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.