Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

shuffle songs - Up Next

How do I add a shuffle song list to Up Next that is already playing? I know when I click on the shuffle symbol for my playlist, that it immediately begins playing that list, however, I want to just add the shuffled songs to the playlist without erasing the Up Next list that I am already playing. Thanks for your help. This was easier to do in the old iTunes.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 12:29 PM

The closest I can get is to select the songs and the CTRL-click. Then you have the choice to add them to Up Next, but no choice to shuffle them. 😟

I think that this is a totally valid want. So if I were you, I'd write and ask Apple for this functionality.

www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

7 replies

Jan 12, 2013 9:18 AM in response to iamlove

Hi, this isn't a perfect solution (I'm still investigating), but if you want to add a playlist to Up Next in random order, hold down the OPT key, then click on the "Random Play" button. It'll give you a popup telling you that you're about to add "x" number of songs to Up Next, and ask if you want to clear the ones already there. Click "Don't Clear", and the playlist will be added to Up Next in random order.

The only problem that I still have to work out is that it adds to the beginning of Up Next (as if you'd selected Play Next) instead of the end, as per usual. 😕

shuffle songs - Up Next

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.