Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I connect my iPad to my new Mac Pro, I can't see my pictures

When I connect my iPad to my new Mac Pro, I can't see my pictures on iPhoto in Mac Pro under devices.I want to import my photos from iPad to Mac Book. Can you please help me?

Thanks and regards,

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 11:10 AM

4 replies

Dec 24, 2012 11:14 AM in response to ahmety

If you are using iTunes 11 - enable the sidebar first. From the menu at the top go to View>Show Sidebar.

Connect the iPad to the Mac and launch iTunes.

Click on the iPad name on the left side under devices.

Click on the Photos Tab on the right.

Click on the Sync Photos from heading and select iPhoto from the menu

Click on all of the events, albums, faces, etc that you would like to sync.

Click on Apply in the lower right corner of iTunes

Dec 24, 2012 11:50 AM in response to Demo

Thank you for your help. When I sync like you described, the photos will be removed from iPad. I would like keep them. Actually, I had the photos on my old mac book pro in iPhoto. I thought I would transfer them to my new Mac via my iPad. As far as I understand, I need to find a different way to transfer them. Anyway, thank you very much.

Dec 24, 2012 12:21 PM in response to ahmety

Oops ... You are correct. I misread your question. My sincere apologies. You want to import the photos from the iPad into iPhoto - not the other way around.

Connect the iPad to the Mac with the cable and launch iPhoto. Your iPad should appears under the devices heading in iPhoto - in the left sidebar - just like it does in iTunes. Click on the iPad name. Then you can import the photos.

User uploaded file

When I connect my iPad to my new Mac Pro, I can't see my pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.