Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally deleted safari on my macbook and have no other browsers on it to install it. How do I reinstall it?

HELP PLEASE

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 7:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 8:42 PM

On another computer, download the Safari disk image file and transfer it to an external storage device (USB drive or memory card). Then plug it into your mac and open the file and install Safari. Be sure to get the version that it applicable to your OSX version.

7 replies

Jan 10, 2013 7:11 PM in response to Dansyacht

How do i get the right version because i tried that and it said that safari was too current😐

Dansyacht wrote:

On another computer, download the Safari disk image file and transfer it to an external storage device (USB drive or memory card). Then plug it into your mac and open the file and install Safari. Be sure to get the version that it applicable to your OSX version.

Jan 11, 2013 7:12 AM in response to Hannahw1998

Sounds like you may have Safari installed on your Mac. Are you sure it was deleted? Or , did you just delete the icon from the dock? It is hard to tell from your post.

Open the finder and view the Applications folder. Is Safari there?

If Safari is in the Application folder you can double click it to start it. The icon will appear on the dock. Right or control click on the dock icon and select Options > Keep in Dock.

I accidentally deleted safari on my macbook and have no other browsers on it to install it. How do I reinstall it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.