Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hi

I have the latest iMac and the latest Mac Mini. When I first got the mini set up, I was using Apple's Screen Sharing on the iMac to work on the Mini. When doing so, I was able to view the mini in full screen in full resolution, as if it were the iMac itself. I'm not sure what changed after I ran the first set of initial updates but after the restart, I've found that I can only view the Mini in 1680x1050 max when in Screen Sharing. Keep in mind that this connection to the iMac is Thunderbolt and that nothing had changed hardware or settings-wise by me. I've literally owned the Mini for about 4 hours. I'm also familiar with the Display settings in System Prefs, however it seems that nothing I change in there on either the iMac or the Mini seems to bring it back to full screen, full resolution.

Does anyone have any thoughts? This is kind of maddening haha. Thanks!

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 9:59 PM

4 replies

Dec 24, 2012 10:33 PM in response to BDAqua

Hi there. No, the only thing connected to the mini is the power, Ethernet, and 1 thunderbolt drive (no mouse or keyboard). As mentioned, I know it can work because it did before the OS X updates came down. So confused. Everything software and hardware-wise on the iMac side of things remained the same as the configuration when it initially worked. The mini downloaded OS X updates and had a few restarts. I changed no settings during this time and barely installed anything. The remote sharing is over gigabit everything and it too remained the same. Not sure what I'm missing...

Feb 8, 2013 1:33 PM in response to Zathrak

Turns out, when a display isn't connected upon startup, it defaults to a low resolution. Apple is now aware of this and may address it in a future dot update. My work around for now is to simply plug in my iMac and switch it over to Thunderbolt display mode for a moment and unplug it again. Alas, when you restart the mini, you repeat this process.

hi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.