Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4 black screen, tried dfu mode, itunes not picking up device. not able to bring up red phone off slide bar or apple logo if any combination of button holding. HELP

iphone 4 black screen, tried dfu mode itunes not picking up device. not able to bring up red phone off slide bar or apple logo if any combination of button holding.

Phone was given to me by apple 2 weeks ago. Last I saw of it working was phone was off so i did the quick reset. Apple logo came up, it started up and keypad for passcode came up. It said 2% battery then went up to 64% a second later. When I was playing wth it not 5mins before it was at 65% so would make sence that later indication was correct. Before I could type the 4 digit passcode in the phone turned off to black screen. Now I have tried all possible reset options incuding the 10 second hold down of both buttons for less than 10 seconds and longer than 10 seconds. Nothing is working. iTunes is not recognising the device at all. Ive had it plugged into a wall socket for three hours and the computer for 2 hours and no signal of life. Ive tried the forums on here and the youtube vidoes and seem to know what im doing with resets. Anyone able to shed some light?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.2, Given new from apple 2 weeks ago

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 4:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 8:33 AM

Not being able to get DFU Mode indicates hardware failure. Since you recently received this iPhone from Apple it has at a minimum 90 day Warranty. Make Genius reservation or make service arrangements and take or send to Apple for resolution. Regarding what is actually wrong with the iPhone, it could be possibility of several things. But some of the features point directly to battery. First step in fixing this iPhone would be battery replacement. Then trouble-shooting from there if still problem. Take it to Apple.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2012 8:33 AM in response to ljp1

Not being able to get DFU Mode indicates hardware failure. Since you recently received this iPhone from Apple it has at a minimum 90 day Warranty. Make Genius reservation or make service arrangements and take or send to Apple for resolution. Regarding what is actually wrong with the iPhone, it could be possibility of several things. But some of the features point directly to battery. First step in fixing this iPhone would be battery replacement. Then trouble-shooting from there if still problem. Take it to Apple.

iphone 4 black screen, tried dfu mode, itunes not picking up device. not able to bring up red phone off slide bar or apple logo if any combination of button holding. HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.