Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I show my Aperture photo library via Apple TV?

I am using a MacBook Pro with Aperture (and iPhoto) and Apple TV.

Previously I had no issues with displaying my photos via Apple TV, but now only the Photo Stream shows and not my albums.

How do I show my photos via Apple TV from Aperture?

Thank you

(PS I've also asked this in the Apple TV and iPhoto forums wihtout success - I urgently need an answer as I'm hoping to show some Christmas photos later!).

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 9:24 AM

Ensure you have previews for the projects you want to share in Aperture (read the Aperture help on previews). Also ensure "share previews with iWork and iLife" is set in Aperture

Then in iTunes check the relevant projects are visible and that home sharing is turned on. iTunes must also be running, I think.

7 replies

Dec 26, 2012 6:44 AM in response to William Lloyd

William Lloyd wrote:

Then in iTunes check the relevant projects are visible and that home sharing is turned on. iTunes must also be running, I think.

I have run the Previews in Aperture and also switched on the "share previews with iWork and iLife".

Home Sharing is on, but what do you mean by "check the relevant projects are visible"?

I cant see any reference to Photos within iTunes.

Thanks.

Dec 27, 2012 1:24 AM in response to Jerry Dammers

The only draw back is that Apple TV only understands projects and not Folders. I have aperture organised with a folder for each year, within which I have a project for each photo session. I usually have about 20 Projects in a year. If the project is big (over 200 photos), then I will use albums.

Given that I probably have over 300 projects, it is difficult to find a particular project on Apple TV, you have to scroll through all of them until you reach the one you want.

However, being able to see them on a large high definition screen really helps to embarrass the children when they start to get out of control over Christmas!!!

How do I show my Aperture photo library via Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.