Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just started my mini ipad. When I plug it in to charge, whether it is the wall power or computer, the charging icon and sound rapidly blinks as if there is an issue with the connection. I have tried wiggling the cable, no results

Just started my IPAD mini. Tried to charge device, but it rapidly flashes and beeps the charging sound, no matter if I charge using the wall plug or the USB port on computer. Tried wiggling the cable, changed orientation on plug into ipad mini, no change. Do I have a bad cable?

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 7:49 AM

5 replies

Dec 25, 2012 7:55 AM in response to yateskl

First thing to try is a reboot of your device. Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously ignoring the red slider until the Apple logo appears. Let go of the buttons and let the device restart. See if that fixes your problem.

If this doesn't help there could be a hardware problem in the iPad connector, the cable or your charger. Most likely not the charger since this is happening when plugged into your computer.

Just started my mini ipad. When I plug it in to charge, whether it is the wall power or computer, the charging icon and sound rapidly blinks as if there is an issue with the connection. I have tried wiggling the cable, no results

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.