Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

$5 Starbucks card to first successful answer: how to import midi timecode into Logic Express 9 from Roland VS-880 or Ensoniq ASR-10

I will literally mail a $5 Starbucks card or gift $5 via paypal to the first person whose response gets me success. Then after all responses are provided and I'm successful with my issue, I'll also raffle off $5 to one of ALL respondents by random pick. 🙂

Problem/question:

I can't figure out how to import midi timecode data from either an Ensoniq ASR-10 or Roland VS-880 Vxpanded into Logic Express 9, so I can then use Logic Express 9 as the master. No manuals seem to explain that; I just can't find it.

Background/basics:

1. My ultimate goal will be to move all midi data from the Ensoniq ASR-10 floppies and all digital audio files from the VS-880 into Logic Express 9. Once the midi timing is imported into a Logic Express 9 file, I'll import the data from the Ensoniq & Roland via steps 2a & 2b below.

1a. Ten years ago I somehow (am in the process of re-learning what I did 10 years ago) imported the midi timing into the Roland VS-880 Vxpanded from the ASR-10, and then used the VS-880 as the Master to control the ASR-10. So my current status is that I use the Roland VS-880 as the master, and the Ensoniq ASR-10 as the slave.

2. FYI for anyone who might be in the same boat, wanting to transfer stuff from an Ensoniq ASR-10 and Roland VS-880 to the computer:

2a. I will import all midi sequence data from my ASR-10 floppy disks via a utility purchased here, which will all a PC to read Ensoniq-formatted disks, and then just hopefully cut/paste midi files into Logic Express 9 (FYI only): www.chickensys.com

2b. Then will import all the individual WAV files from my Roland VS-880 to Logic Express 9 using a method learned here (FYI only): http://www.vsplanet.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=985974&PHP SESSID=b1d2f57be4a1d37d49787400213b22df

2c. I'll then combine them all into Logic Express 9.

So - how the heck do I capture/import the midi timecode into Logic from either the roland or ensoniq using midi?

I'm don't think that cutting/pasting the midi data into a Logic Express 9 sequence file (step 2a above) will do that, because there are all kinds of tempo & time signature changes in the midi files unfortunately.

THANK YOU and Merry Christmas!!

Andy

Logic Express 9-OTHER

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 8:46 PM

OK doesn't look possible. Closing discussion. 🙂

1 reply

$5 Starbucks card to first successful answer: how to import midi timecode into Logic Express 9 from Roland VS-880 or Ensoniq ASR-10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.